Monday, June 09, 2008

Thoughts from Abe, 145 Years Ago

.


Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
- Abraham Lincoln, November 19, 1863



Two years ago, I clearly remember Kelly Stern's first pride photo. At the time, I was just starting to learn what blogs were all about. I was amazed at the connection of so many around blogland to join in Kelly's challenge. Last year I posted the second photo in the series on my site, too. This year I'm glad to join in again. I painfully recognize the need -- while we all may be created equal, many are discriminated daily in a number of ways. Fortunately, I believe that change for the good is happening.

To participate in Kelly's current challenge, go here.

.

4 comments:

TWISI said...

GREAT pic!

Lemuel said...

"...testing whether that nation or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure..."

Butch said...

The picture on your blog and the one linked to it are great. I love "live-art" if that would be what one could call the water fountain with the rainbow. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey... thanks for the great post and words... I especially like the Lincoln quote... thanks for continuing to join in this challenge...and thanks for reading... happy Pride month!!